The Oxford German Dictionary provides authoritative coverage of German and English with over 320,000 words and phrases, and 520,000 translations. Essential grammatical information and language usage notes are provided for both languages.
*** This is a FREE TRIAL ****
* Authoritative coverage with over 320,000 words and phrases, and 520,000 translations
* Comprehensive guidance on pronunciation, vowel length, and syllable stress
* Clear marking of pre-reform spellings alongside new preferred forms
* Invaluable cultural notes to learn more about life in German- and English-speaking countries
Readership: An advanced-level dictionary, essential for language professionals and all serious students of German at university level and beyond.
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
* A quick search of words while you type.
* A 'fuzzy filter' when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
* A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
* A wild card search function (*) which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
* Download dictionary definitions locally for offline word lookup.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
* A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
* History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
* Discover more about language with the special language notes.
* See words in context with example sentences.
* 'Word-of-the-day' feature with homescreen widget.
A mobile dictionary application from MobiSystems with content from Oxford University Press.
* Small apps extension for Sony products